Protecting the health and wellbeing of populations worldwide requires collective efforts from governments, international organisations, and civil society. MedAccess partners with others to address some of the most prominent priorities in global health.
- Antimicrobial resistance threatens our ability to combat infectious diseases, rendering many existing treatments ineffective.
- Extreme weather events, new disease vectors and food insecurity caused by climate change can severely impact human health.
- The COVID-19 pandemic exposed the critical need for enhanced pandemic preparedness, emphasising the importance of robust healthcare systems and global cooperation.
- The push for local and regional pharmaceutical manufacturing can improve access to essential medicines, especially in low-resource settings.
- To address gender inequalities in health, everyone must have equal rights and access to quality healthcare – which means improving women’s and girls’ health.